Her latest release, Ciao- Book 3 in the Stories About Melissa series, releases today, August 15. I am thrilled to help her spread the word and share some of her wisdom with you!
What We Talked About:
- Writing books she was able to share with her daughters
- Querying agents and getting rejections before hearing about self-publishing via Amazon
- Learned all she could about publishing through Kindle and B&N, etc.
- Marketing strategies- Social Networking, Blog Tours, Paid Advertising and plain old Word of Mouth.
- Thinking outside the Box with promotion-- Holding Book Signings in Malls and Book Festivals (Orange County Book Festival)
- Networking at Conferences and the energy and excitement of being with other writers.
- If she could do it all over, she would make sure her books were completely ready before publishing, not jumping the gun.
- Different methods of publishing: choosing between self and traditional publishing and going book by book.
- Contests and prizes for her current release of Ciao including copies of books and some handmade necklaces from Etsy.
- Contacting the librarian from the town where the stories are set to feature the books.
Bethany will be all over the place for her Release Day Bonanza and Blog Tour! Check out her blog for details and to find out how to win some incredible prizes!